Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Invoking a process through webservices: Axis

I'm in the process of learning how to invoke a livecycle process through a java servlet using webservices. What I needed to do was to have Apache Axis installed to create Java proxy classes for the webservice endpoint of my process. So what I did was rather than install it on my local machine (and have to instal tomcat as well), I installed on the LC server and mounted the shared drive. This makes it much easier to develop and deploy apps.

So just a quick run trhu of the steps I had to take;
1) Download and untar the Axis download
2) copy it to the deploy folder (LCDIR/jboss/server/all/deploy)
3) Copy the xml parser jars from whatever xml parser distribution that you want to use (I used Xerces) into the lib folder of what you had just copied over
4) Create environment variables (unix);
export AXIS_HOME=/usr/axis
export AXIS_LIB=$AXIS_HOME/lib
export AXISCLASSPATH=$AXIS_LIB/axis.jar:$AXIS_LIB/commons-discovery.jar:
$AXIS_LIB/commons-logging.jar:$AXIS_LIB/jaxrpc.jar:$AXIS_LIB/saaj.jar:
$AXIS_LIB/log4j-1.2.8.jar:$AXIS_LIB/xml-apis.jar:$AXIS_LIB/xercesImpl.jar:
$AXIS_LIB$/wsdl4j-1.5.1.jar
5) Test axis at http://server:8080/axis

More detail at http://ws.apache.org/axis/java/install.html

No comments: